Account integrations are natively developed to provide a seamless connection with some of the best productivity tools. The Basecamp 3 account integration follows the same procedures as the Basecamp 2 integration.
In this article you'll learn how to:
- link your Basecamp 3 account to Timeneye
- link and import Basecamp 3 projects
- link and import your Basecamp 3 users
- register time on Basecamp 3 using to-dos comments
Linking your Basecamp projects with your Timeneye account helps you to keep track of your to-dos, get comprehensive project stats and create customizable reports.
1) From the Integrations section of your account, go to the Basecamp 3 tab:
2) From here you will be able to see all the active and available integrations. Simply click on Link Basecamp 3 to this Account to start linking your Basecamp account to Timeneye. Please note that only Admins can link Basecamp 3 to your Timeneye account:
3) You will be asked to enter your Basecamp 3 credentials and to give Timeneye permissions to access your Basecamp data. Just allow permission and you'll be ready to start!
4) You can now start managing your new Basecamp integration from the Integration Wizard. With this useful tool importing/linking users and projects from Basecamp is straight-simple: just follow the guide.
You can link your projects and become able to track time directly from Basecamp even after completing the Integration Wizard.
First of all, you have to link or import all your projects and users to Timeneye.
The first option would be to use the Auto-import and Auto-link options: all your projects will be automatically imported and linked to Timeneye. We recommend using this option when you have to mass import and link your projects at once.
Otherwise, you can import/link your project and users manually one by one in the Manage section of the integration.
Remember to select the same project for Timeneye and Basecamp.
The project will be automatically added to your Linked Projects.
You can also import projects from Basecamp and add them to Timeneye by selecting Import.
The imported project will be automatically added to your existing projects in Timeneye - this means no time lost in switching from Timeneye to Basecamp to manage your projects and to-dos.
To experience a complete integration between Basecamp and Timeneye, you will need to link your Basecamp users with Timeneye.
Doing this, your users will be able to track time without leaving Basecamp, just commenting on their to-dos with the time needed to complete them.
From the Basecamp integration page, click on the Team members button. Select the Basecamp user you want to link from the drop down menu and be sure to match it with the equivalent user in Timeneye.
Is your Basecamp user new to Timeneye? No worries, select Import and click the Send welcome email box to add him/her to Timeneye.
Timeneye allows you to register time directly from Basecamp, commenting on to-dos with the time spent on them. Registering time across multiple platforms has never been so simple:
1) Open a Basecamp to-do related to a project which is linked to Timeneye;
2) Enter a comment with the amount of time spent on that task (don't worry if you still haven't completed the to-do, you will be able to register more time later by adding more comments). Formats accepted are, for example, "1h15" or "75min" (see more at the end of this article).
3) That's it! Once the comment is added, Timeneye will need just a few minutes to process it and register the time you entered into the appropriate project and task.
Supported time formats in Basecamp comments:
This feature is currently provided by our Timeneye Widget for Google Chrome, and allows adding a little button to start timer inside Basecamp 3. You can download and install the Timeneye widget for Chrome at this link:
Once you've installed the Widget, access your Basecamp 3 account: click on the little Timeneye Icon next to the to-do name to start a timer.
Every completed to-do will be displayed as a suggested entry on Timeneye's dashboard, leaving you the chance to manually input the time spent for it or simply ignore it. This way, it's almost impossible to forget to track time!
Completed to-dos are synced to Timeneye every 5/10 minutes.