We have developed a native integration for Asana to ensure a smooth, seamless connection with Timeneye.
If you're an Admin of the account, you can link Timeneye with Asana in just a few clicks, by following this set-by-step guide:
- link your Asana account to Timeneye;
- link and import Asana projects;
- link and import your Asana users;
- register time directly from Asana.
Linking your Asana projects with your Timeneye account helps you to keep track of your work and register time for your Asana tasks without having to switch between the two apps.
1) Start by linking your Asana account to Timeneye. Open the Integrations section on your account and select Asana.
2) From here you will be able to manage your Asana integration, users, and projects. Simply click on Link Asana to this account to start linking your Asana to Timeneye.
3) You may be asked to provide your Asana credentials. Then, Timeneye will ask for permissions to retrieve all your Asana information on your projects and users. After that, select the workspace to chose for the integration and you'll be good to go!
4) You can now start managing your new Asana integration panel. Don’t forget to link or import all your user and projects before tracking time.
First of all, you have to link or import all your projects and users to Timeneye.
The first is to use the Auto import and Auto-link options inside the Manage section: all your projects will be automatically imported and linked to Timeneye. We recommend using this option when you have to mass import and link all your projects at once.
Otherwise, you can import/link your project and users manually one by one by using the green buttons in the Manage section of the account:
1) Click on the Projects button from inside the Asana integration panel.
2) To link your Asana projects to an existing Timeneye project, simply select Link, and then select the project from the drop-down menu list.
Is your project not inside Timeneye yet? No problem! You can add it to Timeneye it by simply clicking Import.
Since phases are compulsory in order to track time on Timeneye, all your Asana Sections will be imported inside Timeneye as Phases.
Please note: if you create a new project in Asana, the system might take up to 10 minutes to update and make it appear in Timeneye as well.
To experience a full integration between the two platform, you will also have to link your Asana users to Timeneye. The procedure basically the same as linking and importing the projects.
The first option is to use the Auto-link users option: all your users will be automatically linked to Timeneye. We recommend using this option when you have to mass import and link your users at once.
Otherwise, you can import/link your users manually one by one in the Users section of the account:
1) Click the Team members button from inside the Manage section.
2) To link your Asana users to an existing Timeneye user, simply select Link. You can Import users directly from Asana into Timeneye if necessary.
Please note: you will always be able to unlink a user or project by clicking on the red link icon.
Now your integration is fully operational and ready to start tracking time!
Please note: only admins can set up the Asana integration, if you're not an admin and nobody has connected you yet, you might see this message:
In this case, simply reach out to someone on your team and ask to be connected.
Timeneye allows you to register time directly from Asana, commenting on tasks with the time spent on them:
1) Open an Asana task related to a project which is linked to Timeneye:
2) Enter a comment with the amount of time spent on that task (don’t worry if you still haven’t completed the task, you will be able to register more time later by adding more comments). Formats accepted are, for example, “1h15″ or “75min” (see more at the end of this article).
3) That’s it! Once the comment is added, Timeneye will need just a few minutes to process it and register the time you entered into the appropriate project and task.
Supported time formats in Asana comments:
How will the registered time appear inside Timeneye?
- if the task is assigned under a section, Timeneye will save it as an Entry automatically.
- If the task is not under a section, it will come up as a Suggestion.
Timeneye also allows you to track time by marking a task as completed: when the tasks is completed in Asana, you will see it appear as a Suggestion.
You'll be able to edit, ignore or accept the suggestion:
This feature is currently provided by our Timeneye Widget for Google Chrome, and allows adding a little button to start timer inside Asana. You can donwload and install the Timeneye widget for Chorme at this link:
Once you've installed the Widget, access your Asana account: click on the little Timeneye Icon next to the task name to start a timer.
Have a question? Need assistance?
Make sure to drop us a line at email@example.com